12.1.07

Comfort socks


It's icy and snowy and blustery out here in the Middle of Nowhere. Just the sort of day for creature comforts like chili with shredded cheddar and saltine crackers, followed by a piece of apple pie, fresh-baked from the oven. On days like this, I don't feel very bold and creative. I just want to hunker down and feel safe. And so it is with my knitting. Instead of starting something new and daring, I'm back to knitting my favorite cuff. Right now, that's a simple baby cable which requires no cable needles. I first found it in Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch, and I've knit a dozen pairs that way. Here's a pair I made for the Man of the Place.

Thought for the day: The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. ~ Emile Zola

No comments: