7.10.07

It's here!

Well, it wasn't such a long wait. We had prepared ourselves for much longer suspecting the package might sit at customs in San Francisco on its way from New Zealand to The Middle. But, we got lucky, and here are all the components of our new Baynes spinning wheel all laid out and ready to assemble. The instructions assured us it would take about one half hour.



The Man o' the Place gets right to it. I had thought we should oil all the wood parts first, but he didn't think so. Well, and that's because he had every intention of allowing me the job. Bless his heart. I stand by my original theory that it would have been better to do that before we created all the nooks and crannies of an assembled spinning wheel. But, I digress.

Here is is, coming together. Okay, it's been a little more than half an hour. Not bad though.


Is it time for another beer yet?